Three days in February between Geneva and Basel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Leonie
    Participant
    13 posts
    31 January 2016 at 15:43:46 #847784

Thanks again!

Meanwhile, the hotel has kindly informed me that we are entitled to the Tell Pass at no cost for the two days of our stay. http://www.luzern.com/en/tell pass-winter/key-features-tell-pass

I think that will mean that it isn’t worth buying the 3-day pass, but better to pay full price for the journey Geneva to Lucern and most of the rest will be covered by the Tell Passes. Please correct me if I am being too hasty. I will read it all later.

Leonie

Arno
    15482 posts
    31 January 2016 at 15:49:55 #847785

Sure, that’s correct, and you need tickets to Strasbourg as well. Enjoy your time in Switzerland!

Leonie
    Participant
    13 posts
    31 January 2016 at 16:07:14 #847786

Many thanks to you, Annika and Slowpoke for your kind help and knowledgable advice. What an asset you are to Swiss tourism!

Leonie
    Participant
    13 posts
    31 January 2016 at 16:38:56 #847787

Ooops… I’m not managing to price the fare from Geneva to Lucerne via Golden Pass. Do I need to define it differently?According to the timetable ,

http://www.goldenpassline.ch/ wp-content/uploads/2016/0 1/horaires_2016-2.jpg

there’s a train from Geneva at 8:30 that will get us to Luzerne for 15:30 (with a few changes) but I don’t know how to get that specific train recognized here:

fahrplan.sbb.ch/

Other faster routes inform me it’s 79 CHF from Geneva to Luzern. Is it correct to assume it’s the same price with the Golden Pass although it’s a different route or is there a “via” I can fill in? Or a different link?

Sorry to be troubling you again,

Leonie

Arno
    15482 posts
    31 January 2016 at 17:21:42 #847788

Hi Leonie,

No worries! The price is CHF 94 per person, regardless of which trains you take. The via stations to fill out in the timetable are mentioned here.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Three days in February between Geneva and Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.