Three Waterfalls Trail from Bönigen to Brienz

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    15 January 2020 at 21:22:39 #824904

Has anyone ever hiked the three waterfalls trail (starts in Bonigen, ends in Brienz, via Istelwald and Giessbach)? I am wondering how long this hike actually takes as I have seen varied estimates on several different web sites. I would like to end in Giessbach and catch the bus to Brienz, but the last bus leaves at 5:36 and we won’t be able to start the hike until 1:00. Wondering if 4.5 hours from Bonigen to Giessbach is realistic, with time to enjoy the three sets of falls on the way. If we don’t make it to Giessbach in time for the bus, is it easy to catch a taxi from Giessbach to Brienz? The last ferry leaves at 4:30, so that won’t be an option. I don’t think my kids will be up for the final Giessbach to Brienz leg. We are active, healthy people used to hiking but not marathon runners, my kids will be 11 and 13.

• The thread ‘Three Waterfalls Trail from Bönigen to Brienz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.