Lake Thun or Lake Brienz boat ride

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Caroline679
Caroline679
11 posts
Jun 22, 2019 - 10:32 PM

I’m curious what people’s impressions have been in terms of which lake to explore by boat: Thun or Brienz? Any particular differences in the experience? Is one preferred over the other? Is one more dramatic than the other in terms of scenery? Any criteria you might suggest for making our decision? We’re active 60-somethings and will be there in mid-September. We are counting the days!! (Spent 5 days last year hiking in steady rain and thick fog in the Bernese Oberland in September, so we’re coming back to try again. Fingers crossed we’ll get much better weather this time around!). Love this forum. Myswissalps is such a fantastic resource.... thank you all!

Steph
Steph
1523 posts
top member &
Jun 23, 2019 - 4:35 AM in reply to Caroline679

Hello Caroline,

First of all thanks a lot for your appreciation of the forum! How nice to hear you're coming back to Switzerland, fingers crossed the weather will be in your favour this time round.

Regarding your question, I personally am slightly more fan of the Lake of Brienz, the scenery is slightly more ragged and mountainous, and the colour absolutely breath-taking. But at the end of the day they are both beautiful.
- www.myswissalps.com/la kebrienz
- www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakebrienz
- www.myswissalps.com/la kethun
- www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun

- www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/activitie s, hikes are at the bottom of the page

Kind regards,
Steph

Also check:
- www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/september-2018-visit

Last modified on Jun 23, 2019 - 4:39 AM by Steph
Caroline679
Caroline679
11 posts
Jun 23, 2019 - 3:07 PM

Thanks for your speedy reply, opinion, and the links, Steph. ‘Hope to hear from others who’ve also been!

Rogerpeth
Rogerpeth
6 posts
Jun 23, 2019 - 4:35 PM

Hi

I did both last year and both are lovely. I personally think Lake Thun is slightly nicer (Spent 10 days in Thun last year and a week the year before, it's a great town) but if you have time Lake Brienz and a ride up the Brienz Rothorn Bahn (5 mins. just across the road from the boat dock) is a great day out in the right weather The railway itself is spectacular and the views from the top just amazing.

Spoil yourselves. Do both Lakes !

Enjoy

Roger

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019