Ticino ticket and when it is valid

Ticino ticket and when it is valid

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
bhatws1
bhatws1
17 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 6:12 AM

Hi,
We are planning to be in Lugano in June 2017.

I would be grateful if anyone can kindly provide me information on the following:

1. We are staying in a hotel, so I presume we are entitled to get Ticino ticket individually.

Pl. correct me if it is not so.

2. I understand Ticino ticket entitles free travel in railways & busses, offers 30% discount on funiculars in the entire Ticino region & 25% discount on boats in lake Lugano.

3. How long is the Ticino ticket valid?

For example, if I check-in on Day D1 and leave on Day D4,

is it valid on all days from D1 to D4? or is it valid for any one day between D1 & D4?

4. Can Ticino ticket be combined with Half Fare Card to avail further discounts on funiculars & boats?

Unfortunately, I cannot make out the downloadable detailed document on Ticino ticket on the website, ticino.ch as the document is in Italian

Thanks and regards,

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2017 - 1:16 PM in reply to bhatws1

Hi Bhatws1,

The Ticino website has all details on the ticket in English. The FAQs I linked should explain everything.
You get the ticket upon arrival at your hotel and then you are free to use it during your stay in the Ticino area.

You wouldn't be allowed to combine it with any other cards for further discounts.

Regards,
Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017