Ticino ticket and when it is valid

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 6:12:52 #811079

Hi,
    We are planning to be in Lugano in June 2017.

I would be grateful if anyone can kindly provide me information on the following:

1. We are staying in a hotel, so I presume we are entitled to get Ticino ticket individually.

Pl. correct me if it is not so.

2. I understand Ticino ticket entitles free travel in railways & busses, offers 30% discount on funiculars in the entire Ticino region & 25% discount on boats in lake Lugano.

3. How long is the Ticino ticket valid?

For example, if I check-in on Day D1 and leave on Day D4,

is it valid on all days from D1 to D4? or is it valid for any one day between D1 & D4?

4. Can Ticino ticket be combined with Half Fare Card to avail further discounts on funiculars & boats?

Unfortunately, I cannot make out the downloadable detailed document on Ticino ticket on the website, ticino.ch as the document is in Italian

Thanks and regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 13:16:35 #860115

Hi Bhatws1,

The Ticino website has all details on the ticket in English. The FAQs I linked should explain everything.
    You get the ticket upon arrival at your hotel and then you are free to use it during your stay in the Ticino area.

You wouldn’t be allowed to combine it with any other cards for further discounts.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Ticino ticket and when it is valid’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.