Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Ticket and reservation for Golden Pass for January

Ticket and reservation for Golden Pass for January

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
spaulus69
spaulus69
58 posts
Nov 12, 2019 - 2:51 PM

I have done this twice before in the past and don't remember it being this difficult but I am having trouble this time in purchasing my reservation and ticket for the Golden Pass train from Luzern to Montreux on Jan 11th.

In the past I believe I purchased directly from MOB's website and it allowed you to select your seat, I can't find that now.

Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
7919 posts
expert
Nov 12, 2019 - 7:34 PM in reply to spaulus69

You can make reservations for the Golden Pass Line (www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) including seat selection at www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets and bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Click the "e" for English language top right of the page. (where it says "Sprachwahl: d i f e"). Then change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. Reservations are not compulsory but are recommended on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg (which is where the Panoramic and Belle Époque trains operate) during peak tourist season.

But note there have been reports of website having problems recently. You may be told seats are not available even though they are. See www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/seat-reservation-for-golden-pass-line-4-jan.

Good luck.

Ildiko
Ildiko
496 posts
top member &
Nov 13, 2019 - 5:48 AM

Hi Spaulus69,

you can reserve your tickets and seat via any of these reliable resellers: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages.

If you have a Swiss rail pass make sure you check the validity of it, it might contain this route too, so you can travel for free or on a discounted price (for example with the Swiss Travel Pass it is for free, you need to buy just the seat reservation if you want one: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019