What routes require advance booking or reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 15:45:52 #811635

Hi,

I’m traveling to Switzerland for 15 days starting from 13 the may.I have Swiss Travel pass for 15 days. I am staying in Zurich , Zermatt,Interlaken and Geneva .

In Zurich I’m staying for 4 nights and I plan to visit mount titlis, Rhine Falls and bernina Express

In Zermatt I’m staying for 2 nightsI want to visit matterhorn and Gornergrat.

In Interlaken I’m staying for 3 nights.

I plan to visit jungfrauch and schilthorn.

In Geneva I’m staying for 2 nights and I plan to visit Lake Geneva and chocolate train .

Please let me know for which of these I need to book separate tickets and make seat reservations .I m really very Confused.

Also like for Mount titlis and schilthorn cable cars are there and for other areas in which cable cars are operative do I need to book tickets online.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Neha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:07:38 #862611

Hi Neha,

Reservations are required for the Bernina Express and the Chocolate Train.
    Outside of these two trains you do not need to make reservations or book tickets in advance. You can buy tickets for any train route the day of and you can do so at any rail station when you are in Switzerland – IE you can buy the ticket for Engelberg to Mt. Titlis in Zurich before you start your trip that day).

Have a look on the validity page here for the Swiss Travel Pass. It will indicate whether the route or attraction is fully covered or partially covered. In case it is partially covered the notes will tell you how much is covered (IE Mt. Titlis cable car is 50% covered from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis, getting to Engelberg in your case from Zurich is fully covered).

I hope that clears up your confusion! The links above for the trains will guide you to make the needed bookings.

Lucas

Lucas

• The thread ‘What routes require advance booking or reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.