Ticket from Titlis to Engelberg via Trubsee

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 15:44:28 #822689

Hello,

I am planning to visit Trubsee while returning from Titlis to Engelberg. I will be having Swisss Travel Pass and a return ticket from Engelberg to Titlis (2 Adults, 2 Kids).

There is a lake at Trubsee, not sure if it is worth to visit the lake?

Is it possible to break the journey at Trubsee while returning from Titlis and then visit lake and further take another train/cable car down to Engelberg using same ticket or do I need to buy seperate tickets from Trubsee to Engelberg? Please advise.

Thanks

Ashish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 July 2019 at 16:19:37 #917068

Hi Ashish!

Yes, you should be able to stop at Trübsee and then continue down to Engelberg with the same ticket. Usually there are no time constraints for such tickets.

I did like Trübsee when I was there, but I must admit it was a lovely spring day and it was very quiet there. The snow and spring flowers around the lake were beautiful. I don’t know when you will be visiting, but I imagine things are a lot busier in summer. There’s a zip line for example, and you can rent rowing boats

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 8:27:47 #917069

Thanks for your response.

I am visiting in August. What is your opinion on visiting Trubsee?

Ashish

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 11:09:04 #917070

Hello Agarwan ashi,

You can for sure use the same ticket after stopping at Trübsee. I think it’s well worth it, as it offers an additional, different experience to the peak of the mountain. I’ll attach a picture of two years ago in July with Mount Titlis in the background (not the best quality pic I’m afraid, sry)

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Ticket from Titlis to Engelberg via Trubsee’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.