Ticket prices for Lake Geneva cruises

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 August 2019 at 23:31:38 #823643

Fellow Travellers,

Has any one mastered the mysteries of the finding fares at http://www.cgn.ch/en/. I also have a PDF timetable.

For example, I want to do a round trip of the eastern end of the lake Montreux to Montreux via St-Gingolph. I can find connections on the timetable search but I have not the faintest idea of how to determine ticket prices. I think that website was perhaps designed by Machiavelli.

Travelling late September.

Help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 August 2019 at 3:05:31 #921252

OK I hearby declare the Lake Geneva boat cruise website CRAZY. I think I found the price using this method.

Locate cruise using timetable search. Attachment 1.

Click on More Info and get Attachment 2.

Click Choose this Cruise and get Attachment 3.

Click more info on a different boat and get Attachment 3 which I think shows the price of the 1 hour 50 minute cruise I was after NOT the 5 minute cruise I clicked More Info on.

To top it all off the SBB Timetable does not show the cruise leaving at 10:10 at all. In fact it does not show ANY paddle steamers.

Is this a peculiarly French way of presenting timetables? 🤓

Annika
    7124 posts
    30 August 2019 at 5:52:50 #921253

Hi Rockoyster!

I’m afraid you’re right, the CGN website isn’t easy to navigate. I’ve tried to find ticket prices for your journey though, following the same steps, and I did get to see prices for the round trip Vevey-La Tour – St. Gingolph – Vevey Marché by clicking “More information” next to the 10.10am connection: CHF 37 full fare for adults. However, when I tried a bit earlier this morning I too struggled to find prices for some connections. I have no idea why, maybe they just updated their timetable/tickets section? Would you try again and see if things work more smoothly now?

For reference to other readers of this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva/tickets.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 August 2019 at 6:02:28 #921254

Hi Annika,

Well I’ll be. I just went to http://www.cgn.ch/en/ and it works. No idea what I was doing wrong or if the website was just having a bad day when I tried earlier.

Thanks for following up.

Annika
    7124 posts
    30 August 2019 at 6:18:37 #921255

Glad it’s working now! Let’s just say it was a temporary CGN hick-up…

• The thread ‘Ticket prices for Lake Geneva cruises’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.