Ticket reservation to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2016 at 2:37:51 #809601

Hi

I have read some posts (elsewhere) that it is advisable to book the tickets to Jungfraujoch during the summer period (July-August) as the trains are always full and may chase you out, is this true? On the other hand, if I pre book the tickets now and I’m afraid that the weather at that day might not be good. Will it be too late if I book the tickets on that day morning after I can ascertain the weather then?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 July 2016 at 4:35:30 #853754

Hi franfran,

Normally you’d buy tickets right before you start your trip, but you can do it online in advance as well. All details are here: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2016 at 19:20:33 #853755

There are so much trains from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau, there is always place for you.

And ferry important, you can see the weather forecast. With no good wetter you see noting on Jungfraujoch……

JoeyA
    Participant
    57 posts
    5 July 2016 at 11:04:42 #853756

Hi Franfran,

We went in August last year and were advised at our campsite to buy tickets the day before, having checked the weather forecast. So we bought our tickets from Interlaken West station at about lunchtime the day before, and took the first train up in the morning. When we arrived at the Interlaken West station at about 0630am there was a sign up saying all tickets for that day were sold out. We were very thankful we had bought them earlier. Apparently there had been a run of rainy/bad weather days before we arrived so everyone had been waiting for a clear day to get up to the top. I have no idea what would have happened had we not been able to buy tickets at Interlaken, whether or not you can board the train or buy tickets at Kleine Scheidegg. If you only have few days to make the trip I would recommend for peace of mind that you buy the day before as soon as you have an idea of the weather situation. It’s stunningly beautiful, I have attached a couple of pictures from our visit to the top and one of the valley from the train back down to Grindelwald….Oh I just got a message saying my files won’t attach so you’ll have to see for yourself!

Joey.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2016 at 11:28:53 #853757

noted, thank you so much for all your valuable inputs! I’m pretty excited about it as this is my first time there. hopefully the weather will be good to go up

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 July 2016 at 11:55:36 #853758

Hi Joey,

Your pictures are probably too large to attach. They need to be shrinked first in your image editing program or tinyjpg.com or so. If you still have problems, feel free to e-mail the files to us so I can shrink and attach them for you.

JoeyA
    Participant
    57 posts
    5 July 2016 at 12:26:55 #853759

Thanks Arno – I couldn’t work out how to shrink them so have emailed them to you. If you get a chance to shrink them for me that would be much appreciated,

Joey.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 July 2016 at 13:56:56 #853760

Hi Joey,

I attached them to your post. You sure had good weather when you were there; very nice images! Thanks for sending them.

JoeyA
    Participant
    57 posts
    5 July 2016 at 14:54:30 #853761

Hi Arno, thank you for sorting the photos. Yes we were unbelievably lucky, we couldn’t have wished for better weather.

• The thread ‘Ticket reservation to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.