Buying round trip Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mcmug
Mcmug
6 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 7:43 AM

Hi moderator,

I posted earlier and mentioned that I will drive and park at Interlaken Ost as the best suggestion, up via Lauterbrunne and down via Grindelwald. Do I need to buy 2 sets of ticket as below to make the round trip and get back the car after finished.

I try to seach ticket and seems I can buy round trip Interlaken to Interlaken. Sorry I was lost and need your help and guidance.

Section 1, option 1: Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen

If you choose to travel via Lauterbrunnen you can best sit on the right of the train when departing from Interlaken. You'll have a slightly better view that way. After changing trains in Lauterbrunnen, the best view in the train to Kleine Scheidegg is again on he right.

Section 1, option 2: Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg via Grindelwald

If you travel via Grindelwald you can best sit on the right for the best view. In Grindelwald, you change to the train to Kleine Scheidegg. You can either sit on the left for an up close view of the Eiger North face or on the right for a wider view across the mountains.

Lucas
Lucas
9609 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2018 - 10:49 AM in reply to Mcmug

HI Mcmug,

When buying the ticket at any rail station you can tell them you want to go up one way and down the other. The price is almost the same. You don't need to buy the ticket in sections no.

Most online tickets can be found here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfraujoch/pac kages. E.g. Viator offers a ticket from Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch and back that is valid for both routes: https://www.viator.com /tours/Interlaken/Jung fraujoch-Top-of-Europe-Ticket/d5011-6456P4.

Last modified on Jun 27, 2018 - 4:10 PM by Arno
Impactedmind
Impactedmind
33 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 9:06 AM in reply to Mcmug

Buy it at the station. Don't prebook jungfraujoch as you can't predict the weather up there .

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018