Wrong ticket to Jungfraujoch tomorrow-urgent help!

• wuregina
    Participant
    6 posts
    7 July 2017 at 7:29:01 #812554

Hello! Urgent need for help!

With the help of an SBB staff at a train stn, I bought two return tickets for tomorrow for Wengen to Jungfraujoch at a rate of CHF88 per person. I hold a Swiss Travel Pass (1st Class), I was pretty sure the discount was 25% off. However, the SBB staff said it was 50% off, she even checked with her colleagues.

I would like to get to Jungfraujoch with the earliest train tomorrow. The SBB staff said the ticket would be valid for any trains tomorrow!

I am pretty worried now. It seems what I bought is diffetent from what I have read so far.

If I really should get 25% off only, can I top it up later? And is there a specific ticket type for Good Morning Ticket??

Many Thanks!!

Regina Wu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 8:30:55 #866437

The same thing happened to me several years ago. I was surprised, but not 100% sure, so I just accepted that the SBB person knew what they were doing.

On the train to the Jungfraujoch, the conductor informed us that our tickets were incorrect, and said she would sort it out when we got to the Jungfraujoch. At the Jungfraujoch station, she accompanied us to the ticket window to pay the difference.

It would probably be less hassle if you sort it out and pay the difference before you board I think.

You get a better discount on a normal ticket with your Swiss Travel Pass than paying for a Good Morning Ticket. As far as I am aware, only a Half Fare Card gets you any discount on the Good Morning Ticket.

Alpenrose

wuregina
    Participant
    6 posts
    7 July 2017 at 10:50:23 #866438

Thanks a lot!! It is such a relief for me to know that I could still top it up later…..instead of paying for another ticket!

I will get it checked out when I arrive at Interlaken OST today!

Thanks again!

• The thread ‘Wrong ticket to Jungfraujoch tomorrow-urgent help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.