Swiss Family Card on the Mt. Titlis cable car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 17:27:53 #811267

Hi,

I will be travelling to lucerne in April and I need to know about the fare for children on the cable cars to mt titlis. The age of the children is 9 and 14 respectively. I have purchased a swiss half fare card have a STS family card for the children. I understand that the there is a 50% discount for the adults. However, would like to know the fare for children. Is it 50% or 100% discount ? The reason I am asking is because I see on lots of forums that children will get a 100% discount on trains if there is a STS pass and accompanied by an adult with a swiss travel pass. Does this apply to the cable car rides to mt titlis also ?

Thanks & Regards

-Basavaraj

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 7:40:57 #860961

Hi Basavaraj,

Yes, the children will travel free (everywhere, including Mount Titlis) if they are with you and on the Swiss Family Card (and you have the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 10:11:26 #860962

Lucas,

I do have both the swiss half fare and family cards. So it’s clear to me now. Thanks a lot for the answers

Regards

-Basavaraj

• The thread ‘Swiss Family Card on the Mt. Titlis cable car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.