Tickets for Pilatus Golden Round Trip - sellout?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sarah roxann
Sarah roxann
2 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 2:52 PM

Hello

I am very excited to do the Golden Return Trip to Mount Pilatus, from starting a lake cruise on lake Lucerne to cogwheel train and cable cars.

I cant see anywhere however if these tickets sell out.

I see that it is best to buy them in person at a ticket office in Switzerland where I will be in early July and that you can’t buy them online? Is this correct? There are only two days that I can spend in Lucerne and really want to do this round trip either day, so just wondering if these tickets ever sell out? Or if they never can. I like to be extra prepared!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon :)

Arno
Arno
11552 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 3:37 PM

Hi Sarah and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is unlikely that tickets sell out, but I can't say it's entirely impossible in high season (including July) either. You can certainly buy tickets online: www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/tickets. I think it was last year when they had a passenger stop in some occasions, but back then Pilatus was still included in the Swiss Travel Pass for free, so that got them more travelers. Now it's 50% discounted.

Last modified on Jun 4, 2018 - 3:39 PM by Arno
Sarah roxann
Sarah roxann
2 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 3:49 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

thanks for your message that’s great!

If I wanted to do the boat trip first I’m not sure I can. Google maps says that alpnachstad is 7 hours walk from Lucerne! I am staying in Lucerne. I was under the impression alpnashstad was in Lucerne from reading others’ posts. There’s no other way to do the boat trip if you’re already in Lucerne to get to the cog wheel train is there?

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Lucas
Lucas
9828 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 7:43 PM in reply to Sarah roxann

Hi Sarah,

You take the boat to Alpnachstad from Lucerne (or vice versa). That is part of the Goldenround trip described here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/pilatus

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018