Tickets for Pilatus Golden Round Trip – sellout?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 14:52:30 #816442

Hello

I am very excited to do the Golden Return Trip to Mount Pilatus, from starting a lake cruise on lake Lucerne to cogwheel train and cable cars.

I cant see anywhere however if these tickets sell out.

I see that it is best to buy them in person at a ticket office in Switzerland where I will be in early July and that you can’t buy them online? Is this correct? There are only two days that I can spend in Lucerne and really want to do this round trip either day, so just wondering if these tickets ever sell out? Or if they never can. I like to be extra prepared!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 June 2018 at 15:37:20 #887364

Hi Sarah and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is unlikely that tickets sell out, but I can’t say it’s entirely impossible in high season (including July) either. You can certainly buy tickets online: http://www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/tickets. I think it was last year when they had a passenger stop in some occasions, but back then Pilatus was still included in the Swiss Travel Pass for free, so that got them more travelers. Now it’s 50% discounted.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 15:49:35 #887365

Hi Arno,

thanks for your message that’s great!

If I wanted to do the boat trip first I’m not sure I can. Google maps says that alpnachstad is 7 hours walk from Lucerne! I am staying in Lucerne. I was under the impression alpnashstad was in Lucerne from reading others’ posts. There’s no other way to do the boat trip if you’re already in Lucerne to get to the cog wheel train is there?

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 19:43:49 #887366

Hi Sarah,

You take the boat to Alpnachstad from Lucerne (or vice versa). That is part of the Goldenround trip described here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/pilatus

• The thread ‘Tickets for Pilatus Golden Round Trip – sellout?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.