Tickets Wengen-Verona with Swiss Travel Pass

Tickets Wengen-Verona with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
marietab
marietab
8 posts
Apr 22, 2018 - 6:46 PM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to purchase tickets from Wengen to Verona and I have a dilemma. On this page I have read that if you have a Swiss Travel Pass when booking tickets from Switzerland to Italy choose the pass holder fare that way you only pay for the part of your trip not covered by Swiss Travel Pass. However, I do not see that option on the sbb site, it only shows GA 1 year subscription and junior card. Please help!!!!

Arno
Arno
10364 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2018 - 7:59 PM

Hi Marietab,

Well, in most cases you simply buy a ticket for the part of the trip that's not covered: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse. In your case that's Domodossola to Verona. You can buy such tickets from various websites: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price.

SBB is the domestic site, mainly geared to Swiss residents. You won't find tourists passes there as a discount option. Pass holder fares for Swiss Travel Pass holders are only offered on a few websites and can be useful if you board an international train well before it crosses the Swiss border in order to have reserved seats for that leg. Price wise there is no advantage. In your case you can try the Rail Europe site for the US: www.raileurope.com/tra in/italian-trains-frecciarossa-7590. I'd be surprised if they offer tickets from Wengen. Try Spiez or Brig instead: two bigger towns en route.

Last modified on Apr 22, 2018 - 8:01 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018