Does the Bernina Express stop in Tiefencastel?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2019 at 4:56:49 #824410

Hi,

Is Bernina express stops at Tiefencastle? Pls let me know its stopagges.

Secondly, i have a reservation from Chur…can i board the train from any other station and my seat reservation is still valid?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 November 2019 at 5:13:53 #924855

Hello Mtiwari and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes the Bernina Express stops at Tiefencastel. See shop.rhb.ch/en/bernina -express. And depending on your travel date you can select the appropriate timetable at http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info.

I don’t see why you can’t board somewhere other than Chur but you might want to check with RHB beforehand.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2019 at 5:45:21 #924856

Thankyou for your response

Anna
    6355 posts
    9 November 2019 at 7:30:40 #924857

Hi Mtiwari,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can get more info about the Bernina Express from the following page. Please click on the relevant tabs to get specific details such as route description and point of sales. Be sure to use the timetable to check for train schedules and stops.

As fas as I know, a reservation is valid on the selected route and train. You can certainly hop off at any station if you wish, but you would need to make a new reservation if you decide to get back on board.

Best regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2019 at 1:19:54 #924858

Beware RhB = Rhätische Bahn. RHB = Rorschach Heiden Bergbahn.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 November 2019 at 2:31:45 #924859

My bad – again. Don’t suppose I can blame autocorrect then. 🤓

• The thread ‘Does the Bernina Express stop in Tiefencastel?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.