Visit Titlis and/or Pilatus? How much time needed?

• Hedvig
    Participant
    45 posts
    25 October 2018 at 14:44:48 #818795

We will have 2 nights in Lucerne next April. We were going to explore old town our first day and then do Mt. Pilatus day 2. I am wondering if we should do both Mts. and if it is possible to do one each day without being rushed?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2018 at 16:18:51 #898344

Hi Hedvig,

I would say that one day per mountain is plenty of time for a visit.

The timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) will give you the travel details so you can plan the trip to either mountain. Usually people spend about 2 hours at the mountain top, but it depends on what you do of course – but that is the average I think.

Hedvig
    Participant
    45 posts
    25 October 2018 at 18:14:39 #898345

Thank you.

Hedvig
    Participant
    45 posts
    26 October 2018 at 0:04:57 #898346

I read that the cog railway to Pilatus does not run in April. Do you know if this is true?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2018 at 6:34:20 #898347

Yes, It is open year-round. The Pilatus link I gave on my last post gives travel details (two ways of getting up the mountain at different times of the year) Click the route tab for those details.

• The thread ‘Visit Titlis and/or Pilatus? How much time needed?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.