Tiltis & Pilatus in 1 day from Lucerne possible?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 1:04:14 #816031

Hi in my 11 day trip I am staying first 3 days in Lucern with folloiwng planning (buying 15 days pass)

1. arrive in Licern and visit town/Lion momument/etc

2. visit Tiltis in the morning and way back to Pilatus

3. Mount Rigi (use boat/train from Lucern) in the morning and relax in town in evening

Is it possible to do both Tiltis and Pilatus in end of June (long day light)

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 1:13:20 #885491

Hi Rakubha,

Technically yes you can do both Titlis and Pilatus in one, longer, day. I would prefer to avoid doing that myself – but you if you are only here once and really want to see them….

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan the trips between towns and mountains. Most people spend 1.5-2 hours on the mountain top but you can of course shorten that as much as you like to make the day work for you.

• The thread ‘Tiltis & Pilatus in 1 day from Lucerne possible?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.