Time for cheese factory

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2012 at 10:01:13 #805537

We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Montreux to Montbovon at 9:45 arr 10:26 then on to Gruyeres at 10:40.
    1. Do we need seat reservations for the Golden Express? We have swiss pass.
    2. Are there lockers to store our suitcases at Montbovon?
    3. Is an hour enough time to visit the cheese factory and town?
    Returning at 11:59 arr 12:20 at Montbovon
    Would like to continue on the Golden express to Interlaken Ost. 12:28
    4.Is 8 mins enough time to get our luggage out and make the train?
    5. Do we need to reserve our seats for this leg?
    Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    14 August 2012 at 11:30:15 #836940

Hi marino! One hour seems to be quite short for such a visit. I’d take more time for this and catch a later Golden Pass train (or a regular train running along the same route). Lockers aren’t available according to the SBB website (here‘s to find out whether they are), but there is a baggage department and they may allow you to leave your luggage there. You can best contact the SBB to find out.

Seat reservations are recommended for the Golden Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2012 at 15:11:23 #836941

Thank you! One other question, we were going to take the boat trip from Interlaken to Brienz then catch a train down to Lugano. I think there is no problem with taking our luggage on the boat, right? If I am reading the schedule it leaves 8:57 and arrives 10:25? We then can take the Golden EXpress to Luzern and then regional one to Lugano. I appreciate all your help!

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 August 2012 at 3:26:56 #836942

Hi marino. You can indeed take along your luggage on the boat. Further details ont he boat trip are available at the BLS website.

• The thread ‘Time for cheese factory’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.