Have time after 3pm to get to Pilatus by boat?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2018 at 17:13:59 #818194

Hello. We will be arriving in Lucerne tomorrow. Hopefully can fit a trip to Mount Pilatus . Would love to take boat to alpnachstad then cogwheel up and cable car down. However we are unable to get this trip started until 3 p.m. . would that allow us enough time? Thank you for your time

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 September 2018 at 19:56:34 #895480

Hi Biggette – check the timetable –

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

You might find it better to take the train to Alpnachstad if time is short.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2018 at 4:23:47 #895481

Thank you I will check things out. Another question please. I leave from Lucerne down to murren on Wednesday. Does the train from alpnachstad Go to interlocked ost? if I cannot take the boat ride today I would like to do that on Wednesday.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2018 at 6:02:20 #895482

Hi Biggette,

There isn’t a direct train from Alpnachstad to Interlaken Ost, but you can travel there still. The timetable will give you those details.

You won’t be able to take the boat today after 3pm and still get up Pilatus and back down- you’ll arrive just as the mountain closes for the night (last gondola is 17:30 as noted on the timetable).

• The thread ‘Have time after 3pm to get to Pilatus by boat?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.