Time lag between Swiss train connections

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 19:56:44 #816169

Guys,

Quick question, I have a train arrives Zurich at 19:53 platform # 8 and the next train from Zurich to Luzern at 20:04 from platform # 4 which is exactly 11 minutes and i have to get down from platform # 8 and move to platform # 4 with luggage’s and small kids

since i never been to zurich and swiss trains , does the 11 minutes gap is good enough to catch other train considering that i have 2 kids and luggage

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 May 2018 at 22:28:01 #886070

11 minutes should be fine. Those two platforms are on the same level at Zurich HB and less the 100 meters train to train. Just get organised to disembark your arriving train in plenty of time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 22:58:17 #886071

Thank you so much Rockoyster !!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 23:42:28 #886072

You will arrive and depart from the traditional dead end terminus platforms at Zurich HB, so when you board your train from Chur, sit as close to the front of the train as possible, so that you are close to the ticket barrier when you arrive in p8 at Zurich. That should give you enough time to get to platform 4.

The whole traditional ‘printed’ Swiss timetable is available in PDF format. The ‘printed’ format has always shown the official minimum connecting time for major stations. At Zurich it is 7 minutes. Look for the number in a box next to the station name in the attached PDF for the Zurich – Luzern line:

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2018/660.pdf

• The thread ‘Time lag between Swiss train connections’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.