Time needed for custom clearance, train to Italy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 6:09:32 #808709

Hi,

I’m buying a train ticket from Interlaken to Milan, which has a connecting train at Spiez for only 33minutes. I would like to know generally how long does it take for custom clearance at train station, and if this is too risky/rush?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 March 2016 at 8:37:57 #849799

Hi yh2511, welcome to MySwissAlps,

All checks will be done on board, not in Spiez. You could change trains in as little as 3 minutes there, so you’ll have half an hour of spare time for a coffee break 🙂

Please see here for ticket information: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy. If you are planning to get a rail pass for Switzerland you may not need a ticket all the way to Interlaken.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 15:44:44 #849800

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I noted that the title of the thread had been amended, but should be “train to Italy”, instead of train from Italy. So, I would like to clarify if the checks will still be done on board, no matter which direction?

Thanks~

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 March 2016 at 15:52:30 #849801

Thanks, sorry I missed that. The procedure is the same though. There might be security personnel in Spiez, but not to check each passenger. You can simply board and further checks will be done on board. A few minutes is enough to change trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 17:00:18 #849802

Hi Arno,

Thanks you so much! Now I understood.

See you there soon =)

• The thread ‘Time needed for custom clearance, train to Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.