Time to change trains in Zweisimmen to Golden Pass

• Gjr254
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 May 2019 at 22:22:21 #821572

Hi

I have read the forum and found lots of very useful information on this connection and also how to get to Jungfrau and it’s all booked. Thank you.

The day after we go to Jungfrau we travel to Montreux, we are scheduled to arrive at Zweisimmen on platform 12 at 10.20am then need to transfer to meet our connecting train to Montreux on platform 8 at 10.25am, is five minutes still enough time to do this please. Looking at the platform map it looks like we need to go up and down stairs. I’m not sure.

Really appreciate your advice, thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 13:23:52 #912100

Hello Gj254 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice to hear you’re coming along.

Zweisimmen station is fairly small and you should have no problem changing trains in 5 minutes (assuming the train is on-time which it almost always is).

Just be sure you have your luggage collected and are ready to depart as soon as the doors open to find the panoramic train (a lot of travellers with you will be making this connection too I am sure).
    http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

Enjoy your trip and get back to us for any further support.

Best,
    Steph

Gjr254
    Participant
    2 posts
    14 May 2019 at 4:38:30 #912101

Thank You Steph,

Very Much Appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 0:02:45 #912102

The question comes up again and again. All Swiss stations where common changes are made have a published minimum connecting time and these are designed to be perfectly achievable. You and everyone else will be doing the same thing so you should have no problems.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 22:51:43 #912103

What are my options if I do miss the connection? Yes, the 5 minutes time will probably enough for 99% of cases, but there are always true slowpokes. In my case, I will have to transfer the luggage BOTH of elderly parents so yes up and down the stairs 3 times and maybe dragging the luggage 2 times.

Also, some travelers are better to identify and spot the most efficient way to go from platform 5 to 12 (as an example) but some might struggle to see where the next platform to the relation where you get out of the train. Not to mention, if you are Asian and short so busy crowded station might be a challenge.

Anyway, I hope I am not part of that 1% people who miss the connection, but what should I do if I do?

Thank you!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 May 2019 at 22:53:40 #912104

Catch the next train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 23:02:46 #912105

Even if I have the seat reservation on the train I miss?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 May 2019 at 23:13:18 #912106

Yes. You just won’t have a seat reservation on the next train (which most likely won’t be a panoramic train) but your ticket and or Swiss Travel Pass will still be valid. Nothing you can do about the reservation you forfeited if you missed the train. Think positive. I’m sure you will be OK. This is a major tourist connection. I doubt you will be left stranded. There are ramps or lifts as well as stairs at every trains station I ever visited that had more than two platforms.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 23:55:09 #912107

5 minutes is longer than it sounds. Put another way, changing trains takes less time than you will feel that it is taking.

The connection between BLS and MOB trains is designed t work for all types of passengers.

If in doubt – delay your trip on the line until next year when through carriages will be running!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2019 at 7:59:06 #912108

Hi Home2mars

Indeed 5 minutes is plenty of time! The Swiss travel system is made with elderly people, kids and luggage in mind. The signage is also very good. Have a look at the section “Tight connections” here for more information http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable (scroll down to view)

There is also no need to make reservations unless you really want to sit together, as you can see here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations

Hope this helps you to have some faith, but if not, aim to travel light! 🙂 http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/luggage-storage-on-trains

You also have various luggage services available if you need them: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Have a wonderful trip!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Time to change trains in Zweisimmen to Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.