Timing of travel Wengen to Geneva airport

• Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    10 July 2018 at 18:56:15 #817198

Hallo! To begin, than you to all the kind people who take the time to post very helpful information on this site. My question today is: If travel time via train Wengen to Geneva airport is approximately 4 hrs., would a 6:00 departure from Wengen be feasible to allow enough time for a 14:00 flight departure in Geneva? We know the trains are prompt & reliable, but how long should be allowed to transfer to airport and through security?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 23:26:45 #891013

I’m getting a 10.39 arrival at Genève Aéroport for a 06.05 departure from Wengen. That’s ample time. Geneva is a comparitively small airport.

I was through security in about 4.5 minutes last week.

Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    11 July 2018 at 4:24:33 #891014

Thank you, 1960man! I appreciate your input, as it will save a night’s hotel in Geneva for fear of missing a flight.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 6:30:10 #891015

Hi Cjwebs,

You can plan out all your trips with the Swiss railways timetable so you can see exact schedules and trip duration. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    11 July 2018 at 16:42:37 #891016

Yes, thank you, Lucas. I saw the train schedule, but I was more concerned about the time needed for transfer to airport & security, barring any irregularities. 1960man posted that the Geneva Airport is comparatively small, & going through security should not be lengthy. Thanks to both of you!

Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    11 July 2018 at 16:46:15 #891017

I see that I didn’t explain something well. By transfer to airport I meant after arriving Geneva. Sorry, my bad.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    11 July 2018 at 22:15:19 #891018

Check out the online Swiss timetable.

There is an option to prepare a “personal timetable”.

You can get it to prepare a timetable specially for you. Check the “whole day” option. Then you’ll get EVERY service from “first to last”.

Take a minute or two and you can download the result as a .pdf file

So when you arrive at Geneva airport you’ll know when the next service operates. Takes a lot of stress out of aiming to get a particularly train. Especially should there be flight or airport delays.

This site has an amazing array of suggestions and links. I’m sure you’ll find everything you need.

Enjoy your travels!

Cjwebs
    Participant
    36 posts
    12 July 2018 at 4:45:49 #891019

Hi, Gunzel! This is very good information, which I will definitely use. Thank you very much!

• The thread ‘Timing of travel Wengen to Geneva airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.