Tirano to Milan after Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
TWilks
TWilks
5 posts
Nov 5, 2019 - 4:16 PM

Hello - I currently have seat reservations on the Bernina Express (Chur - Tirano) on Friday Dec. 27th this year. However, even checking multiple sites - I am unable to find a train from Tirano to Milan - and I thought the timetables were already released as we're now under 60 days? Please help!

rockoyster
rockoyster
7610 posts
expert
Nov 5, 2019 - 9:14 PM in reply to TWilks

You need Trenord. But their timetable is only released as far as 14 December so far. Check that date to get a pretty good idea of what connections will be available Tirano to Milano Centrale.

TWilks
TWilks
5 posts
Nov 5, 2019 - 10:21 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you! Do you have an idea of when they will release their timetable for dates past December 14th?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7610 posts
expert
Nov 5, 2019 - 11:03 PM in reply to TWilks

No. They’re Italian, so who can say? 😉

1960man
1960man
2254 posts
top member
Nov 6, 2019 - 12:20 AM in reply to TWilks

Tirano - Milano is essentially a local service so the authorities are unlikely to be in a hurry to get the timetables for the new year posted. I'm afraid Italy is notably less efficient at this sort of thing than some countries further north...

Having said that the service is unlikely to change very much -

Last modified on Nov 6, 2019 - 12:20 AM by 1960man
Ildiko
Ildiko
396 posts
top member &
Nov 6, 2019 - 6:40 AM

Hi TWilks,

there are several resellers (like for example www.italiarail.com), where you can set up an email notification as soon as the 2019-20 winter schedule is released. Have a look at the recommended resellers at www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price.

1960man
1960man
2254 posts
top member
Nov 7, 2019 - 12:14 AM in reply to Ildiko

I'm not sure what advantage that will give, as Tirano - Milano is a local railway so there is no need to buy in advance (if even available) as it will simply be a ticket for any train on the day.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019