Titlis and Jungfraujoch trip planning help

• drrpkesav
    Participant
    8 posts
    16 March 2018 at 15:41:33 #814805

Hi everybody,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland in June 1st week with my wife. This is my tentative itinerary:

I will be arriving in Zurich on 4th and we do local sightseeing and Rheinfall waterfalls on 4th and 5th.

On 6th I will be traveling to Luzern and doing local sightseeing and Pilatus/Rigi. On 7th I will be going to Titlis and I have the rest of the day off or will cover any remaining local sightseeing.

On 8th I will go to Interlaken and if possible will do the Schillthorn trip. On 9th (Saturday) I am planning to visit Jungfrau and on the way back I will see Trummelbach falls.

On 1oth am returning to Zurich and the rest of the day for leisure. On 11th morning is my return flight from Zurich.

My questions:

1. I am planning to get Swiss Travel Pass for both of us. Pilatus gives only 50% discount whereas for Rigi its totally free. I would like to know if there is much difference between Pilatus and Rigi or is it the same. And also I wanted to do the Tobogann run on the way down from pilatus. Is it available in Rigi too?

2. I will be visiting Titlis of a Thursday and Jungfrau on a Saturday. Are there any weekly holidays in these places when I wouldn’t be able to go to the top? If so then can you mention the days.

3. I would like to know about the availability of Dinner Date Cruise in Zurich/Luzern. And if yes to both then which one would you suggest?

4. Lastly, would you like to suggest any changes in the plan or am I missing out on something very nice?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 19:13:52 #878967

HI drrpkesav,

1. They are different mountains with different activities on them. The summer toboggan is on Pilatus. If you are also going to Titlis I would not spend the extra money/time on Pilatus. You can read about them here:
      1. Pilatus
      2. Rigi
    2. No, any holidays won’t affect your ability to go up the mountain – there are no major ones in early June
    3. Both lakes have sunset cruises and a few other ‘themed cruises’. Typically Lake Lucerne is the more popular option but both are nice (http://www.lakelucerne .ch/en/offers/culinary -cruises/sunset-cruise/)
    4. I think your plans are fine. A lot of mountains visited to be sure! Be sure you check the weather looks good before going up and buying any tickets. Also, be perpared with a backup plan in case the weather is poor. Have a read through these links for possible activities around Lucerne and the Jungfrau region.
    5. Also be sure to plan out your trips on the train timetable here so you know times/connections etc.
  • The thread ‘Titlis and Jungfraujoch trip planning help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.