Titlis cliff walk, Trift Bridge or Glacier 3000?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2019 at 7:40:49 #819615

I will be trekking in Bernese Oberland in August, 2019 , including Jungfrau region and trekking from Murren to Kanderstegg for 13 days. I will flight to Zurich .

I am considering the Titlis cliff walk, Trift Bridge walk, or Glacier 3000 after or before the trekking.

Since I will see the most beautiful sections of Bernese Oberland during trekking, I wonder if these walks will worth to visit.

They seem more beautiful in winter with snow capped mountains than in summer.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ning

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    25 January 2019 at 17:19:45 #902830

Each of these places has a suspension bridge, and each claims it is “unique”! At 3000 m above seal level, and if you don’t wait 50 years, you are bound to see snow-capped mountains even in August. I have not been to these places, Glacier 3000 is mainly known as a winter/spring ski resort. Any of these suspension bridges should, indeed, be spectacular and provide good photo op’s.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 January 2019 at 17:56:13 #902831

Hi Ning,

The Trift bridge requires an actual hike (plus a funicular ride) to get there, the other two are wonderful too but are tourist attractions as the are near the top cable car station. I’d visit the one that is easiest to reach for you logistically.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2019 at 17:58:51 #902832

Thanks, Snowman and Arno.

• The thread ‘Titlis cliff walk, Trift Bridge or Glacier 3000?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.