Titlis or Glacier 3000

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2011 at 7:18:35 #804665

My group of 26 people would like to go either Titlis or Glacier 3000.
    We will come from Venice.

Since we are from a tropical country, we would like to enjoy the snow.
    Which one do you suggest us to visit, Titilis or Glacier 3000 WITHOUT considering near nor farther from Venice.

I knew Luzern/Engelberg could be aour base city for Titlis.
    What is the base city for Glacier 3000 ? How far and how many hours to go to the gondola station from the base city ?

How long should we spend at Glacier 3000, time for going up and down and about 1-2 hour on the top.
    How much the ticket ?
    Please inform the website of Glacier 3000.
    Thanks you very much for your kind attention.
    Regards,
    Stefanus Wartono

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    3 September 2011 at 1:58:06 #834097

Hi Stefanus Wartono! The Glacier3000 and Titlis websites will be of help. You’re right, Lucerne would be a nice base for a visit to the Titlis. Gstaad could serve as your base for the Glacier3000 trip. Traveling times can be found in the Swiss timetable. In both cases, I’d spend about 1 to 2 hours at the mountain before returning if I were you. Titlis and Glacier3000 are about equally as high (Titlis is a bit higher), so there won’t be much difference in your chances of seeing snow. You could also consider the Jungfraujoch near Interlaken if snow is important to you. Because of its height snow up there is pretty much guaranteed.

If you’ll be doing some more traveling in Switzerland, it may be economical to use one of the Swiss rail passes. Your inbound trip from Venice to Lucerne/Gstaad or another Swiss town will be long and expensive; if your outbound trip (from the last Swiss resort to the border or airport) is long as well, the Swiss Card may be worth considering.

I hope this gets you stared.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2011 at 10:38:07 #834098

Thanks Annika, I will consider Jungfraujoch.
    Is there any discount train ticket for going up to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken, v.v., since we will be travleling for a group of 26 people.
    We will be coming by Bus from Venice. Then continue to Berlin by Night Train from Interlaken-Basel-Berlin.
    Do you think the Swiss Card will worth if just to be used for Interlaken – Jungfraujoch, vv, anda Interlaken – Berlin ?
    Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2011 at 10:39:37 #834099

I mean, if I do not have any Swiss card, is there any group discount for Interlaken – Jungfraujoch, v.v. ?
    Thanks

Annika
    7124 posts
    3 September 2011 at 13:17:10 #834100

Hello wartono! Will your inbound trip from Venice be made by tour bus, which means that you won’t use regular Swiss public transport? That’s what I assumed before, and if you would use Swiss trains for your inbound trip, a Swiss Card would definitely be a lot cheaper than buying regular tickets.

However, if you’ll only be using public transportation for Interlaken-Jungfraujoch and Interlaken-Basel, the Swiss Card wouldn’t be economical. The Swiss Half Fare Card however would still be cheaper (about CHF 10.00 per person) than regular tickets. It provides a 50% discount on both the Jungfraujoch trip and on your trip from Interlaken to Basel.

Group discounts for your tickets (including 50% discounted tickets purchased with a Swiss Half Fare Card) do exist. You can best fill out your request at the SBB website.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2011 at 1:41:21 #834101

Thanks, Annika.

• The thread ‘Titlis or Glacier 3000’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.