Plan for Titlis sights and Engelberg in one day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 9:46:44 #813729

Hi, I will be in Engleberg for 2 days and was wondering about some of the sights I am interested in.

I would like to visit and do

1) Titlis Glacier

2) Titlis Cliff Walk

3) Titlis Rotair

4) Ice flyer

5) Hiking to Stitzig Egg from mountain station

Is the above possible within the same day? I am asking because I am learning towards getting a flexi travel pass and would want to use it one one day and I would imagine the cost of the Rotair + travel from Engleberg to be with it (in terms of using the pass). Appreciate if you could advise.

Also, are there any other things worth checking out in Engleberg? I am planning to be there for 2 days.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 10:48:24 #872321

Hi benedict,

A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex would cover 50% of the ticket price up to Mt. Titlis . Another extra cost would be for the Ice Flyer (12chf) once you are at the top

Both rail passes have the same validity area – see a pdf map here.

I haven’t spent time in Engelberg but you may want to go to Luzern during your stay.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 12:18:44 #872322

Thanks. Would the items above be doable in one day?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 15:41:50 #872323

Oh definitely. Everything is on Mt. Titlis so you can do it all while you are there.
    The Stotzig Egg hike is also only an hour.

• The thread ‘Plan for Titlis sights and Engelberg in one day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.