Titlis valley station to summit journey

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2018 at 6:23:00 #813920

Hi there

I saw the arrival information in the Titlis website as below

By train
    Travel directly from Lucerne to Engelberg on the “Zentralbahn” railway. The journey from Lucerne takes around 45 minutes. The route from Engelberg train station to the TITLIS valley station takes just ten minutes on foot or you can hop on the free shuttle bus.

Up the mountain
    The 8-seater TITLIS Xpress cable car will transport you all the way up from Engelberg to Stand station. You can hop on or off at Trübsee middle station. The TITLIS ROTAIR cable car will then take you on the final leg of the ascent from Stand to the summit station at 3,020 metres above sea level. The journey from Engelberg to TITLIS mountain station takes around 30 minutes.

My Q is regarding the bold wording on top. It says by bus I will arrive at Titlis Valley Station however up the mountain it doesn’t state from Titlis Valley Station but Engelberg to Stand.

1. Is the mentioned Engelberg to Stand Station actually Titlis Valley Station where the bus stops?

2. The tickets from Engelberg to Titlis is CHF 92 return. Does this mean I can get go to the summit and get off again at Trubsee? Does this include price for Titilis Xpress cable car and Titlis Rotair?

3. The Chairlift is CHF 12. This is separate or included in the CHF 92?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2018 at 8:56:42 #873470

Hi Nanthini,

1. Stand is on the mountain itself which you need to take a gondola to to reach it. the Valley station is at the bottom.
    2. Yes, you can get off at Trubsee as well. The ticket includes the cable car and the Rotair (all you need to get to the top of the mountain).
    3. By chairlift I think you mean the Ice Flyer? It is an extra cost.

The Swiss railways timetable may help you understand the trip a bit better. Search for Luzern to Titlis (Kleintitlis is the top stop which it should default to).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2018 at 9:01:03 #873471

Thank you for your prompt reply

Valley station is where the shuttle bus stops?

Should I buy the Mount titlis ticket at the entrance itself or preferrably online?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2018 at 9:13:52 #873472

Yes, You can walk to the valley station from Engelberg train station or take the free shuttle bus.

You can buy the ticket at Engelberg train station or indeed online here.
    Make sure the weather looks good before you go (or you know you are going regardless) before buying ticket online for a specific day. Prices are the same but it could save you some time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2018 at 9:21:17 #873473

Thank you so much for the tip😉

• The thread ‘Titlis valley station to summit journey’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.