Titlis vs Pilatus vs Jungfraujoch vs Schilthorn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 10:52:07 #815335

Hi all, I will be spending close to a week in Switzerland (Lucerne and Wengen) with my wife and parents. If I were to disregard cost as well as travelling distance, and we have our STPs, would visiting all 4 be a bit of a overkill? I mean, I look at my itinerary, and realised there isn’t much time for exploring Lucerne or even another city. My wife and I enjoy exploring the local small businesses like F&B outlets, supermarkets to have a feel of the local way of life. That said, should I have to prioritise to have a more diverse experience, which of the 4 should I prioritise? Jungfraujoch is a must for me but i am leaning towards leaving out Schilthorn. Also, should i choose between Titlis n Pilatus? We will be staying in both Lucerne and Wengen.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 14:54:52 #882300

Hi Swiss1979,

All four mountains are very different. It’s really a personal choice which one to visit and which one to skip. I do agree that it would be a shame if you don’t have the time to explore Lucerne. You could do Titlis and Pilatus on the same day, but you might find it a stretch. If you plan your trip by using the Swiss rail timetable you can find out for yourself.

I’m not sure if you’ve researched the information on our website already, but it might help you to make a decision:

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 21:06:22 #882301

The weather may be the deciding factor for you. It always pays to have a Plan B as spending money on Jungfraujoch, for example, on a day when it is shrouded in dense cloud is not a great idea. You may get perfect weather but be prepared to be flexible.

• The thread ‘Titlis vs Pilatus vs Jungfraujoch vs Schilthorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.