Book for swiss pass & golden pass panoramic train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2015 at 7:18:57 #807438

i travelling in august to swiss with my family .i live in qatar .should i apply for swiss pass online on advance or buy on reaching swiss .other thing i wanted to ask if i buy online in advance, the ticket will be delivered to me where ? , there r no e ticket printout .also how to make reservation for golden pass trains with swiss pass on hand ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 June 2015 at 10:23:53 #843927

Hi rubenahameed,

The Swiss Pass is called Swiss Travel Pass now (the Swiss Pass is only for Swiss residents, please see here). You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online or in Switzerland, but online is cheaper and more convenient. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price to compare all the retailers.

As you can see in that overview, you can best order through http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-pass. It’s your local retailer who will ship it to your home address. They do not offer self printing yet. If you prefer that you can buy through http://www.swissrailways.com, but that’s more expensive.

Please see myswissalps.com/golden pass/tickets for Golden Pass reservations. You don’t need to have the pass in hand to order seat reservations (if you need them at all).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2015 at 11:16:57 #843928

Thanks.i have 3children 9yrs , 7yrs,4yrs .kids can travel free if I take Swiss family pass ?.

we want to take golden Panasonic train from Interlaken to Montreaux which recommends reservation of seat .can I make reservation 2days before the travel wen I reach Interlaken or I do reservation much before it .i will be traveling in August last week and staying in Interlaken for 2nights.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 June 2015 at 12:03:01 #843929

Hi rubenahameed,

Yes, you can order along a Swiss Family Card for your traveling to travel for free.

The Golden Pass Panoramic train runs from Zweisimmen from Montreux, so you can book seats for that section. The reservations can be ordered along with the pass through http://www.raileurope-gcc.com#tab3. You can also do it locally two days ahead of time, but the longer you wait the bigger the chance that seats will be booked out. If your travel date is fixed it’s better to book well in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2015 at 13:40:13 #843930

So we have to go zweismmen from Interlaken first by normal train then take the golden panaromic train ?do normal trains also there in this golden pass route ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 June 2015 at 11:43:03 #843931

Hi rubenahameed,

There are always regular trains too, on any scenic route in Switzerland. There’s just one railroad for all the trains. You can take any train to Zweisimmen. If for example, you prefer the 14:25 Panoramic train from Zweisimmen, you can take the 13:08 train from Interlaken Ost, arriving 14:19. All trains are in the timetable. Once you know which train you’ll take, you can book seats, and your passes, through the links I gave before.

Have a wonderful trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2015 at 17:51:01 #843932

Thanks a lot .my base will be lucern and interlaken .will try to take a day trip for zermaat from interlaken .can we join any other segement of scenic route from zermaat or lucern ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 June 2015 at 9:48:44 #843933

On your day trip to Zermatt, you could take the local train from Spiez via Goppenstein to Brig, instead of the InterCity trains which cross the long tunnel to Visp.

• The thread ‘Book for swiss pass & golden pass panoramic train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.