Top of Europe – Jungfrau, via different route

• JenC
    Participant
    2 posts
    9 August 2022 at 17:57:57 #828021

Hi! thank you for all the information on this forum, I have actually learnt so much from all the sharing!

I am trying to plan out my trip in Jungfrau region and would like some advice.

My itinerary

26 Sept – Interlaken (stay in Interlaken)

27 Sept – Train Interlaken > Grindelwald, Grindelwald to First (stay in Grindelwald)

28 Sept – Grindelwald to Jungfrau (stay in Grindelwald)

*I will be purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card.

For 28 Sept, I am planning my route to be:
    – Ascend, Grindelwald > Eiger Glacier (via Eiger Express) > Jungfrau (total time spend approx. 4 hours)
    – Descend, I would like to visit Wengen & Lauterbrunnen.

Jungfrau > Eiger Glacier or Kleine Scheidegg > Wengen > Lauterbrunnen > Zweilütschinen > back to Grindelwald

1. If I buy the Top of Europe Jungfrau ticket (from/to Grindelwald), seems like my ticket wont be valid for the descend route?

Any recommended tickets or loop available for me to do this round trip?

2. If I purchase for 28 September, Jungfrau tickets (from/to Interlaken), because the top up as compared to (to/from Grindelwald) is very minimal amount:

– Ascend, will I be allowed to start my journey from Grindelwald terminal?

– Descend, is it valid for me to travel Jungfrau > Eiger Glacier / Kleine Scheidegg > Wengen> Lauterbrunnen > Interlaken?

After that, I will purchase 1 more SBB ticket from Interlaken > Grindelwald.

3. I am aware there’s also the Top of Europe Pass for 3 days. Does it make more sense for me to purchase this?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    9 August 2022 at 18:26:27 #945396

Hi Jen C,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

1. The Top of Europe Pass is valid on your planned ascent and descent routes. You can check the validity map here: http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/top-of-europe-pass/

2. The Top of Europe Pass is valid from Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch including the ascent via Eiger Express from Grindelwald Terminal and descent via Wengen. So if you’re travelling from Interlaken West, you only need a ticket for your trip between Interlaken West and Interlaken Ost. With the Swiss Half Fare Card, you only pay half-price of a standard ticket.

3. The Top of Europe Pass is available from 3 days up to 8 days. If you’re planning to stay in the Jungfrau region for 3 days or more, getting the pass is certainly worthwhile and convenient to avoid buying tickets for each trip.

Hope this helps in some ways to firm up your plans.

Regards,

Anna

JenC
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 August 2022 at 16:59:39 #945397

Hi Anna, thank you so much for your reply! Appreciate your help !

• The thread ‘Top of Europe – Jungfrau, via different route’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.