Tourist information office in Wengen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2018 at 6:22:22 #818308

Is there a tourist information centre in Wengen or should we stop at Interlaken before we go to Wengen?

I would be looking for maps or instructions for simple, basic walks in the area – like: Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg walk and Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg walk.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    11 September 2018 at 7:52:18 #895997

There is one in Wengen:

wengen.swiss/en/summer /contact-services/about-us/contact/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2018 at 7:53:28 #895998

Hi Paddington,

Yes, there is a tourist information office in Wengen. It is near the Wengen-Männlichen cable car and you can get paper hiking maps etc.

You can also find hiking details for the Wengen area on our site here: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen/activities // http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2018 at 10:18:28 #895999

Thanks Snowman and Lucas.

Lucas, I have seen those directions on this site. I am finding them a little difficult to follow. I think the problem is that I am lacking a large scale map of the region that I can put all the walks we want to do on it – so I can get an idea of the area. It will probably become really clear when I arrive. Thank you.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    12 September 2018 at 10:52:49 #896000

< I am lacking a large scale map of the region that I can put all the walks we want to do on it >

Oh, that! Well, check this out (free):

http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en /summer.html

> Hiking in Switzerland > Map

The blazed trails are shown in green on the map (after you enlarge as much as you want and go to the desired area). To draw your own tour you must register to Switzerland Mobility Plus (at a cost).

Mark
    Participant
    803 posts
    12 September 2018 at 11:11:01 #896001

Hi Paddington

there appears to be an unofficial local map of hikes in the area which we always picked up at our hotel in Wengen but I also saw at the train station. It’s called Wandern Hiking and maps out and lists hiking times for 76 area hikes. Hike descriptions are in 9 different languages. The only advertising on the map is for The Jungfrau Travel Pass. It gives the route and hiking time for 76 area hikes but doesn’t mention distance or which way is uphill although the altitude in meters is given for many peaks and landmarks. It is free and readily available in Wengen, most likely at your hotel. Mark

• The thread ‘Tourist information office in Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.