Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Swiss hiking trails without cable car access

Swiss hiking trails without cable car access

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
GFA2020
GFA2020
4 posts
Feb 11, 2020 - 6:08 PM

My wife and I are planning a two-week stay in Spiez in September. Spiez will be our hub and plant to do all our traveling by trail and boat. We love to hike and we're pulling our itinerary together. The one issue I know we will facing, and hoping it's not a major impediment, is that my wife is deathly afraid of cable cars. We were wondering if there are any publications that lists easy to moderate trails we can hike up and down and do not require cable car access.

Thank you

Mark
Mark
475 posts
top member
Feb 11, 2020 - 11:32 PM

There are a lot of trails in the Jungfrau region accessible by train or bus not requiring a cable car ride. Namely the Eiger trail, Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp or Wengen, KS to Grindelwald, Grosse Scheidegg to First and return to GS, Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, Schynige Platte Panoramaweg loop, Waldspitz to Bussalp. Mark

GFA2020
GFA2020
4 posts
Feb 11, 2020 - 11:52 PM in reply to Mark

Thank you so much!

Ildiko
Ildiko
812 posts
top member &
Feb 12, 2020 - 6:35 AM in reply to GFA2020

Hi GFA2020,

you'll find the route descriptions here:

These can be useful for you too: www.myswissalps.com/hiking, you can filter the Jungfrau region.

If you go to Zermatt (www.myswissalps.com/zermatt) you go up to Gornergrat (www.myswissalps.com/gornergrat) and have lovely walks from there too: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/rotenboden-riffelalp/route.

Ildiko

rockoyster
rockoyster
8758 posts
expert
Feb 12, 2020 - 6:46 AM in reply to GFA2020

You might find this document of some use for getting around the Jungfrau Region. Some links in the document will be out of date but the general principles are valuable.

GFA2020
GFA2020
4 posts
Feb 12, 2020 - 1:29 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you so much Ildiko!

GFA2020
GFA2020
4 posts
Feb 12, 2020 - 1:29 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you so much!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020