Trails/streets for photography in Interlaken area

Trails/streets for photography in Interlaken area

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Baatasaari
Baatasaari
37 posts
Apr 12, 2018 - 12:08 PM

HI

We are visiting Interlaken in the last week of April. My husband is a photography enthusiast and is so loking forward for this trip. While we will be staying at Interlaken we would be having a STP. Could you help us with any villages that have beautiful trails, valleys, meadows which will be great for photography? I heard Brienz has lovely streets and the valley of Lauterbrunnen is beautiful - but would it be in gloom this time of the year? Would be hlpful if you could suggest any other cute villages, which are easy to commute. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
5543 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2018 - 12:16 PM in reply to Baatasaari

It is a tricky time of year for activities in the mountains; but for photography you just want some sun - hopefully you'll luck out!

For ideas on what to see and do in the Jungfrau region click here. Lauterbrunnen is a good start with the valley and surrounding waterfalls. I think Thun is worth a visit for sure as is perhaps Bern.

Arno
Arno
10349 posts
expert &
Apr 14, 2018 - 3:34 PM

Hi Baatasaari,

The below walk along the lake might interest you, and it's doable in April. You'll pass the little harbor of Spiez and the ancient church there. As well as some vineyards but they won't be at their prettiest in April.

www.myswissalps.com/hi king/faulensee-spiez

Last modified on Apr 14, 2018 - 3:34 PM by Arno
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
551 posts
top member
Apr 14, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hi Baatasaari,

You can combine the walk recommended by Arno with a lake cruise. You could take a boat from Interlaken west to Faulensee, do the walk to Spiez and then a boat to Thun, returning to Interlaken by train or bus. Or in the reverse order of course. On the walk along the lake you will have an opportunity to photograph the Niederhorn and the impressive valley (I forget its name!) to its left. Also there are carvings along the lake walk to photograph and if you are lucky birds on the lake. On the cruise you can take pictures of the villages and also castles like Oberhofen and Hünegg, the former is particularly photogenic.

Maggie

Baatasaari
Baatasaari
37 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 3:10 PM

Thank you all on the suggestions.

Any tips or pointers for food joints/ places to eat in Interlaken/wilderswil?! I have read that food in Swiss is very expensive, so hoping your suggestions can help me save some bucks !

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4486 posts
expert
Apr 19, 2018 - 3:51 PM in reply to Baatasaari

Hi Baatasaari -

The best photography month is usually September. April can bring cloudy days and the higher trails with spectacular walks are blocked by snow.

You might get some nice shots of the Lauterbrunnen Valley.

The image here:

www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

is from later in the year, but the high waterfalls should be benefiting from some snow melt. The attached view of the Valley from Wengen will not be so green, but, if you have a clear day (unlikely in April but possible) you will get the view back into the valley. The viewpoint is near the church in Wengen.For good photographs, low altitude locations with lots of sun would be best in April.

The vineyards between Lausanne and Montreux come to mind.

www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lutry-epesses

Could be a day trip from Interlaken.

Slowpoke

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
5543 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2018 - 4:31 PM in reply to Baatasaari

Try buying food for some meals at the local grocery stores: Coop and Migros. They have good to-go food (hot and cold usually).

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018