Maps / Schedules for attractions and train routes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 20:37:21 #810830

Hello,

We will be travelling to Switzerland from August 20th to 27th August and have planned the days as below. we will be 3 adults , 2 senior citizens and 2 children age 7. I am trying to study what routes we would need to take for each day but am not able to locate maps or schedules. I will really appreciate if you could guide me as to where can I find the maps and schedules . Really really appreciate all the help the team has lent out. OUr trip would not have been possible if I had not discovered ur site. Thank you so much!!

August 20th Day 1 Zurich to obwalden

August 21st Day 2 Lucerne- Pilatus(Steepest Cogwheel ride) Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge and Lake Lucerne

August 22nd Day 3 Rhine Falls – St. Peters Church and Lake zurich

August 23rd Day 4 Jungfraujoch – depending on the weather

August 24th Day 5 GOlden Pass Panorama Train – Lake Brienz ,Gstaad,Montreux

August 25th Day 6 Mt. Titlis – Sarnen

August 26th Day 7 Lugano – Swiss Miniature and The Chocolate Factory

August 27th Day 8 Back to zurich Airport ( Flight is at 7am in the morning)

Regards,

Tweety Bird

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 15:06:39 #859067

Hi TweetyBird,

Are you looking for physical maps? You can use the Swiss railways timetable to find the train connections for each route.

I would use Google Maps to find where each attraction is and the nearest train station (IE Luzern to Pilatus) and then use the timetable linked above to find the connections. Luzern is the local German spelling for Lucerne.

There are also maps on our attraction pages – when you click on Mt. Pilatus for example there will be map at the bottom the page.

Does that help or do you want to buy physical maps?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Maps / Schedules for attractions and train routes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.