Train connection times – 3 minutes with luggage

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 17:05:15 #811387

DEAR ALL

i have to travel from paris to interlaken and in between train exchange time is 3 minutes ,as i will have luggage also is it ok to interchange train in 3 minutes as platforms can be different also

pls guide

dr sandeep

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 17:51:05 #861432

Hi Dr. Sandeep,

What station are changing trains in?Short connection times are not uncommon here but it usually works quite well.

It is most likely a small station if it is only 3 minutes but with luggage it may be tricky. If the train is late and you miss the connection you will be able to get on the next train to Interlaken without issue – they run frequently in Switzerland.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 2:29:41 #861433

Thanks Lucas

my train change is at Basel and April both short duration

thanks again for urgent reply

sandeep

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 April 2017 at 13:19:14 #861434

Hi drsandeep,

You can find platform numbers when looking up your journey in the timetable and see if they’re on the opposite platform, meaning you’ll only have to cross the same platform. This is very probable with such a short change in a large station like Basel. Using this Basel SBB map might help (it may not work right now as the SBB website is having some technical issues).

What do you mean with short durations both “at Basel and April”?

• The thread ‘Train connection times – 3 minutes with luggage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.