Wengen to Jungfraujoch cost with Eurail Global

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 8:09:30 #815147

Good afternoon, on part of our trip to Europe, we are travelling to Wengen from Venice in early June. Accommodation for 2 nights is booked at Wengen. We are on a 1st class global eurail pass. My Q’s are: cost of train fare Interlaken to Wengen; next day cost of train Wengen to Jungfraujoch and return; 3rd day cost of train Wengen to Interlaken. Do we just purchase Interlaken to Wengen tickets at Interlaken? Do we buy Wengen Jungfrau tickets at Wengen station? Any assistance on how to do this and how much it costs (Eurail 25% discount, I believe) would be very much appreciated please. Thank you, Les and Karen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 8:46:11 #881001

Hi Les and Karen and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’re correct on the 25% off for those trips – you can see the validity map for the Eurail Global Pass here.

Yes, you can buy tickets to Wengen from Interlaken and for Jungfraujoch at Wengen. I would wait until the morning you want to go – ensure the weather looks good! No need to go up a mountain and look at clouds.

Costs for tickets can be found on the Swiss railways timetable when you search for a connection. The first fare you see is for people with the Swiss Half Fare Card (the starting from fare as everyone likes to use) so you need to double it to see the regular price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 22:25:01 #881002

Thank you so much, Lucas. The information you provided is very much appreciated. Les and Karen

• The thread ‘Wengen to Jungfraujoch cost with Eurail Global’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.