Booking issue train from Berlin to Lucerne on Bahn

• oshosh
    Participant
    5 posts
    3 September 2019 at 0:58:18 #823709

Hi

I am trying to book a train from Berlin to Lucerne (nightjet) on bahn.de on 3 Dec 21:07 and reaching 4 Dec 09:05. I got the following messages

– Your “meine Bahn” account can not be used for bookings on this platform
    – The GTC for international bookings apply

After which I was able to continue but subsequently I got the following:

We are sorry, but we can not sell your requested journey online.

It seems like I was able to book on certain dates but not on this particular one. Can anyone help?

In addition, how do I know if I was selecting the right one – eg couchette for 4 pax in a private cabin? I note that I can select via SBB but this is a little more expensive (when I managed to see the prices for both on certain dates).

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 September 2019 at 10:15:27 #921560

Hi Oshosh,

The first messages are related to the fact that this is an international trip. I just tried at https://www.bahn.com and got the same message. From there, it went fine for me. At one point you get to pick your type of seats or beds. Perhaps this was a temporary problem, or the 3 month booking window was not reached yet when you tried. Can you give it another try and let us know?

https://www.bahn.com/e n/view/offers/night-train/nighttrain-index.shtml

oshosh
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 September 2019 at 6:25:51 #921561

Hi Arno

thanks so much – you are right, I managed to book now. Could be due to the window period.

• The thread ‘Booking issue train from Berlin to Lucerne on Bahn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.