Train Como to Lucerne with Swiss Half Fare Card

Train Como to Lucerne with Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 14, 2018 - 11:29 PM

Hello

What leg do I have to pay for with a Swiss Half fare pass from Como, Italy to Lucerne?

Thank you

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
3388 posts
expert
Jan 15, 2018 - 1:54 AM in reply to cposteuca

Hi Corina,

You should be able to buy a ticket from Como to Lucerne using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) and nominate "Half-fare" reduction within Switzerland.

You will pay full fare within Italy to Chiasso (assuming you are starting in the vicinity of Como San Giovanni - Como is a big lake) which is the Swiss border and then half-fare to Lucerne. If you have time follow the scenic route via Göschenen.

If you have plenty of time and can get to Lugano before 9:30am then consider the Gotthard Panorama Express (www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) which includes a boat ride from Flüelen to Lucerne.

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 15, 2018 - 12:19 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for the reply!

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 7:09 PM

Hello

I tried booking tickets with Swiss Half Fare Card and it’s not working. On via Happy Rail the online option is not available and on trainline, I tried different destinations within Switzerland and I get the message: The coupon code CFf SBB Halbtax cannot be used on this trip.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
3388 posts
expert
Jan 28, 2018 - 8:33 PM in reply to cposteuca

When are you travelling? What are you entering as your start point?

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 10:50 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hello

I tried different locations & different dates (Feb/March) just to make sure it wasn't a date issue...still didn't work

Lucerne to Interlaken

Interlaken to Bern

Bern to Basel

Thank you

Corina

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 10:58 PM

I was able to do it....instead of entering the code in the "Use a discount" box, I first added a passenger and then next to the passenger, there was another box that showed up "Loyalty and Discount cards" where I was able to choose the Half Fare Card....a little bit confusing

Regards

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
3388 posts
expert
Jan 28, 2018 - 11:08 PM in reply to cposteuca

Hi Corina,

Glad you are sorted out. I thought you were having difficulty going from Como to Lucerne.

It should be possible using the SBB Timetable.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018