Train Como to Lucerne with Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 14, 2018 - 11:29 PM

Hello

What leg do I have to pay for with a Swiss Half fare pass from Como, Italy to Lucerne?

Thank you

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
4582 posts
expert
Jan 15, 2018 - 1:54 AM in reply to cposteuca

Hi Corina,

You should be able to buy a ticket from Como to Lucerne using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) and nominate "Half-fare" reduction within Switzerland.

You will pay full fare within Italy to Chiasso (assuming you are starting in the vicinity of Como San Giovanni - Como is a big lake) which is the Swiss border and then half-fare to Lucerne. If you have time follow the scenic route via Göschenen.

If you have plenty of time and can get to Lugano before 9:30am then consider the Gotthard Panorama Express (www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) which includes a boat ride from Flüelen to Lucerne.

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 15, 2018 - 12:19 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for the reply!

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 7:09 PM

Hello

I tried booking tickets with Swiss Half Fare Card and it’s not working. On via Happy Rail the online option is not available and on trainline, I tried different destinations within Switzerland and I get the message: The coupon code CFf SBB Halbtax cannot be used on this trip.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
4582 posts
expert
Jan 28, 2018 - 8:33 PM in reply to cposteuca

When are you travelling? What are you entering as your start point?

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 10:50 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hello

I tried different locations & different dates (Feb/March) just to make sure it wasn't a date issue...still didn't work

Lucerne to Interlaken

Interlaken to Bern

Bern to Basel

Thank you

Corina

cposteuca
cposteuca
7 posts
Jan 28, 2018 - 10:58 PM

I was able to do it....instead of entering the code in the "Use a discount" box, I first added a passenger and then next to the passenger, there was another box that showed up "Loyalty and Discount cards" where I was able to choose the Half Fare Card....a little bit confusing

Regards

Corina

rockoyster
rockoyster
4582 posts
expert
Jan 28, 2018 - 11:08 PM in reply to cposteuca

Hi Corina,

Glad you are sorted out. I thought you were having difficulty going from Como to Lucerne.

It should be possible using the SBB Timetable.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019