Train from Innsbruck to Luzern with STP Flex

Train from Innsbruck to Luzern with STP Flex

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
cecily113
cecily113
61 posts
Jun 8, 2017 - 7:41 AM

Dear all

I will take the train from Innsbruck to Luzern at 0745 in the morning, can I buy the ticket in Innsbruck by showing my Swiss Travel Flex and Family card in order to get free of charge for Swiss routes, ie. Buchs to Luzern. Thank you.

Arno
Arno
9663 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2017 - 8:49 AM

Hi Cicily113,

You do not need a ticket, not even a free one, for the Swiss leg of your trip. You only need to have one for Innsbruck to Buchs SG. You can buy it online through any of these websites, or locally (although I am not sure if these trains ever book out).

I assume you plan to travel on the direct train, so make sure to get a ticket for that route, not via München for example. As there are construction works between Feldkirch and Buchs until early July you might be referred to alternative routes if you are traveling within that timeframe.

cecily113
cecily113
61 posts
Jun 8, 2017 - 4:37 PM

Thanks Arno!

So I only need to buy ticket from Innsbruck to Buchs SG, then show the pass to the conductor on the train when it goes into Swiss, right? Do I need to activate my Swiss Travel Pass Flex? Is Half Fare card can be bought at any train station, ie. Luzern?

Arno
Arno
9663 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2017 - 8:26 PM in reply to cecily113

Hi Cicily,

Yes, correct!

The Swiss Half Fare Card can be ordered along with your Swiss Travel Pass Flex. But if you need to buy it separately then the easiest option is to print it yourself via www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017