Train from Innsbruck to Luzern with STP Flex

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 7:41:47 #812173

Dear all

I will take the train from Innsbruck to Luzern at 0745 in the morning, can I buy the ticket in Innsbruck by showing my Swiss Travel Flex and Family card in order to get free of charge for Swiss routes, ie. Buchs to Luzern. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2017 at 8:49:09 #864721

Hi Cicily113,

You do not need a ticket, not even a free one, for the Swiss leg of your trip. You only need to have one for Innsbruck to Buchs SG. You can buy it online through any of these websites, or locally (although I am not sure if these trains ever book out).

I assume you plan to travel on the direct train, so make sure to get a ticket for that route, not via München for example. As there are construction works between Feldkirch and Buchs until early July you might be referred to alternative routes if you are traveling within that timeframe.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 16:37:53 #864722

Thanks Arno!

So I only need to buy ticket from Innsbruck to Buchs SG, then show the pass to the conductor on the train when it goes into Swiss, right? Do I need to activate my Swiss Travel Pass Flex? Is Half Fare card can be bought at any train station, ie. Luzern?

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2017 at 20:26:59 #864723

Hi Cicily,

Yes, correct!

The Swiss Half Fare Card can be ordered along with your Swiss Travel Pass Flex. But if you need to buy it separately then the easiest option is to print it yourself via http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

• The thread ‘Train from Innsbruck to Luzern with STP Flex’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.