Train from Lake Como Italy to Davos Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 0:10:55 #810876

Hi I would love to take the Bernina train from Lake Como to Davos Switzerland on March 21 one way… I know I may have to catch the Bernina train in Triano

Thank you in advance Michele

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 10:07:48 #859260

Hi Michele,

You can use the SBB timetable to plan this trip.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I assume from your previous post that you are starting from Varenna. I have attached a timetable screenshot showing options for 21 March between Varenna and Davos Platz. (If you are going to Davos Dorf, use that in the timetable instead.) You will need to put in Tirano as a “via” station, otherwise the timetable will suggest other routes.

The connection involving the official Bernina Express panorama train is denoted by “BEX” and requires compulsory reservations. (I have circled it in red.) Some of the other connections along the Bernina Express route, whilst not being denoted as the Bernina Express, offer panoramic coaches and also require reservations. They are denoted with “PR” in the timetable.

If you take any of the other connections, which utilise local trains between Tirano and Filisur instead of the Bernina Express, you will still see the same scenery. Some of the local trains make a short diversion to St Moritz, but you would not be missing any significant scenery in that case.

Sit on the left if you can, for the best views.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Train from Lake Como Italy to Davos Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.