Train from Lake Como Italy to Davos Switzerland

Train from Lake Como Italy to Davos Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
michele19
michele19
2 posts
Feb 23, 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hi I would love to take the Bernina train from Lake Como to Davos Switzerland on March 21 one way... I know I may have to catch the Bernina train in Triano

Thank you in advance Michele

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1237 posts
top member
Feb 23, 2017 - 10:07 AM in reply to michele19

Hi Michele,

You can use the SBB timetable to plan this trip.

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I assume from your previous post that you are starting from Varenna. I have attached a timetable screenshot showing options for 21 March between Varenna and Davos Platz. (If you are going to Davos Dorf, use that in the timetable instead.) You will need to put in Tirano as a "via" station, otherwise the timetable will suggest other routes.

The connection involving the official Bernina Express panorama train is denoted by "BEX" and requires compulsory reservations. (I have circled it in red.) Some of the other connections along the Bernina Express route, whilst not being denoted as the Bernina Express, offer panoramic coaches and also require reservations. They are denoted with "PR" in the timetable.

If you take any of the other connections, which utilise local trains between Tirano and Filisur instead of the Bernina Express, you will still see the same scenery. Some of the local trains make a short diversion to St Moritz, but you would not be missing any significant scenery in that case.

Sit on the left if you can, for the best views.

Alpenrose

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017