Train from Montreux to Annecy, France

• needforsneed
    Participant
    36 posts
    8 May 2018 at 20:12:16 #815837

Hi!

We will be staying in Montreux for a few days the end of May and one day we wanted to cross the border and visit Annecy, France. I have a car rented to make the trip, but I’m wondering if anyone knows about taking a train there from Montreux. We will be traveling with a 3 country select Eurail pass that includes France.

Thanks!

Mark

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 May 2018 at 21:10:34 #884686

Have you looked at the SBB Timetable? It’s not the most direct public transport route. Driving would be much quicker.

needforsneed
    Participant
    36 posts
    8 May 2018 at 21:30:23 #884687

Thanks Rockoyster! I didn’t realize that the SBB Timetable would include France. I will check it out – may end up just sticking with driving if the train is slower and too much of a hassle.

• The thread ‘Train from Montreux to Annecy, France’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.