Train from Rome to bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dc3749
dc3749
2 posts
Apr 8, 2015 - 7:42 PM

info requested on night train from Rome to Bern in late may

Arno
Arno
11802 posts
expert &
Apr 9, 2015 - 5:26 AM

Hi dc3749,

Welcome to the forum! Can you be more specific? What is it that you want to know? I don't know of any direct trains, but I think there is a night train to Milan, where you would change. Please let us know your travel date and country of residence. Thanks!

dc3749
dc3749
2 posts
Apr 10, 2015 - 12:50 PM in reply to Arno

Hello

traveling from Rome to Berne the night of May 30th. I am a U.S. resident. May travel During the day if there is not a train without a transfer, which would not be very conducive to sleeping

Arno said:

Hi dc3749,

Welcome to the forum! Can you be more specific? What is it that you want to know? I don't know of any direct trains, but I think there is a night train to Milan, where you would change. Please let us know your travel date and country of residence. Thanks!

Arno
Arno
11802 posts
expert &
Apr 10, 2015 - 1:09 PM

Hi dc3749,

Thanks for the additional info. There are no direct trains; you need to change once the next morning. There's a night train from Rome Tiburtina (dep. 11:43 PM) to 'Rho Fiera Expo Milano 2015' (arr. 7:22 AM). This is a station in Milan for the Expo 2015 event. There you change for a train to Bern, departing 7:35 AM, arriving 10:23 AM. This trip is available from $73 through raileurope.com/europea n-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html. You'd pay $11 extra if you prefer a couchette over a seat. More points of sale are listed here.

I recommend to book as soon as you're sure about this trip. Transportation to Milan will probably be fully booked because of the Expo.

Hotels in Bern can be found here.

I hope this was useful!

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 3:47 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019