Train from Wengen to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2018 at 7:34:26 #814075

Hi All!

We are intending to do a one day trip at Jungfraujoch from Wengen mid March. Do we need to buy tickets in advance or can we purchase tickets on the same day we are heading to Jungfraujoch?

Can I confirm the train rates I see online are before Half Fare (50%) or Swiss Travel (25%)?

When arriving in Jungfraujoch, can we self navigate?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2018 at 7:45:32 #874597

Hi Faith,

I would buy them the day of departure. That way you can see if they weather looks good or not.

The first rates you see on the timetable are the Swiss Half Fare card rates. It won’t show you the Swiss Travel Pass rates on the timetable (either full rate or half fare).

You can find a PDF list of prices on our Jungfraujoch ticket page (under “more information”).
    From Wengen you are looking at about 183 CHF round trip (before any discount).

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    19 January 2018 at 0:18:53 #874598

I looked at the ticket price page Lucas

http://www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Jungfraubahnen _Fahrpreise_Preisliste .pdf

There is no price for September and October – does the train run in September and October?!

I am booking 8 days in Wengen in September and the Jungfraujoch is on the list.

Thx

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 January 2018 at 1:37:34 #874599

Hi BarSal,

There are a number of “seasons”. Season 1 is 10.12.2017 – 31.05.2018 / 01.09.2018 – 31.10.2018

The train will be running while you are there. As with just about every other trip in Switzerland you can use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to check if something is running or not.

You can check prices here http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/

BarSal
    Participant
    113 posts
    19 January 2018 at 2:06:39 #874600

Thx Rockoyster (are you in Sydney? … just the name and your love of being by the water)

Yes I dis see September/October in season 1 after I asked the question. Dah! I am juggling so much information at this time putting together the jigsaw puzzle itinerary of five weeks between flight dates that I have locked in and fully paid for.

The travel passes had me bamboozled for a few days – regional or national, continuous or flexible etc etc… but after your comment on the 15day flex and our 21 days in Switzerland, I looked at the big rocks of the trip and your advice was spot on. So thanks for that!

Sally (Adelaide … wine country!)

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 January 2018 at 3:11:49 #874601

Hi Sally,

Now in Tasmania (cool-climate wine country). No Sydney rock oysters here, only Pacifics but still very good especially from Bruny Island.

Formerly from NSW South Coast.

Glad to hear your plans are coming together. Switzerland is magical.

• The thread ‘Train from Wengen to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.