Train from Zermatt to Lucca, Italy

Train from Zermatt to Lucca, Italy

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dalcubo
dalcubo
12 posts
May 25, 2018 - 5:30 PM

Hello...In my ongoing search for information about train travel to Lucca from Zermatt, I'm trying a new approach. Would anyone who has traveled by train from Zermatt to Lucca kindly tell me how you did it, specifically, using the two relevant currencies, did you have the 1/2 Fare Card and did it help, were any reservations required and how far in advance must they be made (Sept 5 is our travel date),and is there something that you would have appreciated knowing in advance? Many Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 25, 2018 - 5:54 PM in reply to dalcubo

Hi dalcubo,

I haven't don't the trip but the Swiss railways timetable will show you how to get to Pisa at least (Lucca doesn't show up but it is quite close). https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You can buy a ticket from Zermatt to Pisa online here if you wish - no need to worry about currencies.
A Swiss Half Fare Card wouldn't really be of help I don't think (it only coves the first 1/4 of the trip to Domodossola).

But you may want a rail pass depending on your other travel plans in Switzerland and Italy.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018