Zermatt to Zurich via Visp with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2017 at 14:43:00 #813874

Hello! I already bought the swiss travel pass for this new year trip.

I have a plan to travel from Zermatt to Zurich, but since I found on the map (valid area for Swiss Travel Pass), it shows that the train from Visp to Frutigen is not free right? (Zermatt – Visp – Zurich route)

Therefore, do you have any suggestion about that (such as other routes), or Should I still use this route?

And for another question, can I use swiss travel pass on the bus in Montreux?

Thank you in advance 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2017 at 16:42:34 #873219

Hi chanakan, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

The train from Visp to Frutigen is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. The dashed red lines indicate longer tunnels, however, free traveling applies there too. If you visit http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity you can download a map including a legend and read more about the validity of the pass.

There is a more scenic (but longer) route: Zermatt – Brig – Kandersteg – Spiez – Bern – Zurich. If you use the Swiss timetable http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable to plan your trip, fill in Kandersteg and Spiez in the “via” boxes.

The Swiss Travel Pass can be used on the bus in Montreux as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2017 at 17:09:50 #873220

Gotcha! Thank you so much Chantal 🙂

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Zurich via Visp with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.