Train interruption Interlaken-Jungfraujoch in Apr

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2020 at 20:50:48 #825363

While searching for trains to Wilderswil, I found that there is construction work between Interlaken Ost & Wilderswil from April 14 -24. There will be a bus from Interlaken West instead. This will affect those going to Jungfraujoch, Mürren, Wegen, etc.

Kathy

From SBB:

Construction work: Interlaken Ost – Wilderswil. The rail traffic between Interlaken Ost and Wilderswil is interrupted.

Replacement buses operate Interlaken West – Interlaken Ost – Wilderswil.

The train/bus connections are guaranteed in Interlaken West.
    The bus/train connections are guaranteed in Interlaken West.

Passengers from BernThun – Spiez to Wilderswil – Lauterbrunnen / Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch should take the InterCity trains (IC) 61 to Interlaken Ost and change in Interlaken West onto the replacement bus services to Wilderswil.

Duration from 14.04.2020 06:00 until 24.04.2020 23:59

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2020 at 21:02:07 #930932

Hi Kathy,

thank you for sharing you findings. I am sure it will be useful for other travelers too.

Thanks!

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2020 at 23:29:25 #930933

I can tell you that the work is caused by road construction!

The railway is being rerouted to avoid the the new Wilderswil by pass road…

• The thread ‘Train interruption Interlaken-Jungfraujoch in Apr’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.