Finding Golden Pass & Glacier Express on timetable

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2017 at 7:34:43 #813661

Hi,

I had bought the Swiss Travel Pass and our holiday will be in xmas, I tried to reserve the seats but cant really understand as it doesn’t show whether the train is Golden pass / Glacier Express train or just normal train.

May I also know where to to find out the meaning of the train .. like IR … IR90 etc ??

and lastly are they available in end Dec?

My travel Plan

26 Dec Montreaux to Interlaken (by Golden pass) and stay in Grindelwald

28 Dec – 30 Dec, I stiil not decided to stay in Interlaken/ Lucerne or Zurich as base to visit Bern, Interlaken and Lucerne (any advise please??)

31 Dec will be stay in Zurich

2 Jan Zermat – Brig ( by Glacier Express) then to milan

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2017 at 10:47:51 #871906

Hi sg9peter,

On the timetable, the Golden Pass panoramic trains are noted as MOB Panoramic (modern) or MOB Belle Epoque (classic/heritage). The Glacier Express is noted as GEX.
    No need for train numbers.

You can reserve seats on the Golden Pass train here (link under “more information”).
    And you can reserve seats on the Glacier Express here.

I wouldn’t worry too much about visiting Interlaken; so if you are visiting Bern or Lucerne I’d stay in either town (both are quite nice).

RE= Regional (more frequent stops at smaller towns)
    IR = Inter Regional (don’t tend to stop at smaller towns)
    IC= Inter City (just stops at larger main towns/cities)
    The fewer stops the faster you arrive at your destination.

Hope that helps!

• The thread ‘Finding Golden Pass & Glacier Express on timetable’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.