Train pass for 2 days in Jungfrau region

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Mista son83
Mista son83
3 posts
May 16, 2019 - 8:19 AM

If some experienced traveller/residents can advise me here that'd be awesome.

I'm planning to visit the Jungfrau for 2 days with my partner by train and we're staying at Interlaken during the whole time. What is the most cost effective option between buying tickets from station to station vs 3-days pass. I've realized there's no such thing as 2-days pass so just pondering what our option are.

We're planning to catch the train from Interlaken to visit Lauterbrunnen & Grindelwald to op of Junfrau, Wengen, Murren and Schilthorn over a period of two days.

Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
5954 posts
expert
May 16, 2019 - 10:48 AM in reply to Mista son83

Hello Mista and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Where are you arriving in and departing from Switzerland? That will impact on the most suitable pass.

Mista son83
Mista son83
3 posts
May 16, 2019 - 11:57 AM in reply to rockoyster

We will be in Jungfrau area between 24-26 May. We've hired a car for the whole time in Switzerland so looking to park our car in Interlaken and catching the train from there. So the only time/place we catching train is between Interlaken and Jungfrau region

Maria
Maria
806 posts
top member &
May 16, 2019 - 12:18 PM

Hi Mista,

In that case you might be better off with point to point tickets: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland

or a Saver day Pass: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass (although note that there is no discount for Jungfraujoch with this pass so you should use it on the day you are not going there).

Hope this helps!

Maria.

Last modified on May 16, 2019 - 12:31 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
12861 posts
expert &
May 16, 2019 - 12:34 PM

Hello Mista,

The 3-day Jungfrau Travel Pass might still be worth it for 2 days (www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass), or else the Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard). To calculate savings in detail, please see www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Mista son83
Mista son83
3 posts
May 16, 2019 - 12:59 PM

Thanks all!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019